G Program (Beginner Driver Course)
(Beginner Driver Course)
We are a Ministry approved Beginner Driver Education Course provider.
G class license allows you to drive a car or a light pickup truck.
The provincial standard for a beginner driver education course is 20 hours of classroom time 10 hours of home link and 10 hours of in-car training.
- Defensive driving
- Hazard awareness
- Fuel efficiency
- Basic car maintenance
- Buying a car (the expenses of owning a car)
- Driving is a privilege not a right
The course is very hands on and practical. We use a variety of teaching techniques including videos, white boards, overheads, handouts, open book tests, field trips and a host of other methods to get our message across in a way that is easy to understand and retain.
Our status as a Ministry Approved BDE Course Provider give our customers a:
- 4 month reduction in wait time to get your G2
- Possible eligibility for insurance discounts
Private 1 on 1 in-car training - *10 hours in car:
- Learning about the car / simple left and rights / backing
- Highway Drive / merging / eyes up
- Intersections (major left and right)
- One ways/ uncontrolled intersections
- Parking / 3 point turns / u turns
- Preparation for the MTO road test
We constantly and thoroughly monitor our program and evaluate our instructor's performance.
- The 20 hours of in class time can be done on weekends / weeknights / weekdays and school holidays
- The 10 hours of drive time is done in an instructors vehicle (1 on 1 training)
- Each student will be assigned a dedicated instructor (or choose one) for the duration of their drive time.
We offer flexible options to meet the needs of our student's busy schedules.
- You can take the in-class portion of the course 2 weeks prior to your 16th birthday
- You must have your G1 license to do the in-car portion of the course
- You must pay the course fee in full before you are able to start the in-car portion
- Program must be completed within one year